Saturday, September 15, 2007

Website updates

Hi everybody:

Some recent updates on the Jimmie site include "A mystery solved" and some new info on how Jimmie's original LP album covers were digitally restored for the now out-of-print CD releases from Sony.

Since I now see copies of the restored artwork on many sites around the net (including Jimmie's listings at iTunes) I thought some of the fans might like insights on how the artwork was made.

A few more long overdue updates are in the works, so stay tuned.

2 comments:

proudprogressive said...

Hey Andy long time , no speak - its been yrs in fact. I wanted to let you know i did a memorial post on Jimmie and Laura Nyro. This month. Soo much has happened to me since we were writing..i moved ! got a blog. And only recently DSL - wow there are a bunch of youtubes of Jimmie out there and it does my heart good. Hope you get this comment. We are thinking of Jimmie. And thinking of you. Us fans out here..would love to be back in touch .

much love - Prog aka fog1957

The Squidd said...

I just wanted to let you know how much I appreciate and have enjoyed everything on this site. I, like a lot of people, thought I was virtually alone in being a fan of Jimmie's. Much to my pleasant surprise that seems to not be the case. I was lucky enough to have been at that Dallas show in the picture on Johnny's wing from January 1977. That was Dallas Memorial Auditorium Theater, a smaller and more intimate venue than the larger hall next door.It was an amazing evening-I remember the set being pretty much the same as the live album.Great sound, great ambiance, and a lot of people doing a lot of rather strange dancing in the aisles the entire show. It was great! A definite mile marker in my musical life.His music always touched me, and the production was so heavy for it's time. So terribly sorry about his untimely passing, and I hope that he knows he definitely "communicated" to a whole lot of us
for all these years. Thanks again for continuing to honor and share his message and music.
Squidd